Monday, June 24, 2013

Hector Camacho Jr. Wants World Title Fight


Following his last loss within the squared circle, dating back to last July, junior middleweight prospect Hector Camacho Jr. has been adamant about getting his career back on track and working his way up the ranks of the stacked division. 

Despite the untimely death of his late father and legendary pugilist Hector Camacho, Jr. set his sights on making a strong return to the ring in 2013 and has since won two fights by way of stoppage, and in doing so has earned another bout August 8 in Rochester, New York, and if he is able to emerge from the ring victoriously, he is anxious to get a shot at the world title.

“I am ready for this fight August 8; it is not only about the fight, but also about making weight,” said Camacho Jr.  “I want to prove to the boxing world and myself that I am ready for it and show them how badly I want it.  Every time I fight is one step closer to a title fight.  All eyes are on me because of my father, and I want to win the fight by looking good and making weight.”

Camacho Jr. has been honest that at times through his career he didn’t put all of his effort into training and making weight, and realizes that he now has the chance to capitalize on the opportunity laid out before him.  He was adamant that the passing of his father was a wakeup call to the gifts he has been given both inside and out of the ring, and Camacho Jr. is anxious to go out and get a title fight to represent the Camacho name proudly. 
“In training for this upcoming bout August 8, I have focused so much on the mental side of it,” said Camacho Jr.  “I have blocked everything out.  I have trained harder than I ever have in my career, and anytime I feel myself getting tired, I talk to myself in the gym and when I’m working out, motivating myself and keeping myself going.  I have to take everything step by step, not rushing, but keep on working and working.  I have been falling in love with the gym again.  And I have gotten back to loving the sport of boxing.  I am truly blessed to do what I love doing, and this time I want to make sure I enjoy every step of it.”

Outside of the ring Camacho Jr. has been proactive with his efforts to spread awareness about his Guns Down Gloves Up foundation geared towards helping kids and teenagers work towards a positive goal in life and stray away from gang life. 

A newly refined look on life, boxing and giving back to the community as often as he can, Camacho Jr. is on the right path to achieving all of his own personal goals, both inside the squared circle and beyond. 

“I have been surrounding with good people and former champions who have been where I am and where I want to be,” said Camacho Jr.  “My training is not what it used to be.  I am getting advice and pointers from past champions, and being within this atmosphere is huge for my training.  I’m with people who have the same goals as I do.”

Camacho Jr.’s road to his highly sought after world title fight continues August 8 from Frontier Field in Rochester, New York, against an opponent to be named.

No comments:

Post a Comment